Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
Location: Ravenscroft School, Raleigh (Cox Court Gym)
Eligibility: Open to all Scholastic (PK-12) girls currently residing or attending school in NC
- Before Feb 28: Entry fee $25
- Feb 28 – March 15: $30
- March 16 or 17: $35
- Register Onsite 8:00am to 8:30am: $40; (likely half point bye Round 1)
- 4 Sections: OPEN; U1300; U800; U300
- Prizes: Trophies to top 3 girls in each section and Team trophies to top 3 school teams in U800, U300, and overall. Travel stipend for Open winner attending 2023 USCF Haring tournament. Other prizes may be awarded
- 4 round Swiss System; Time control: G/45; d5
- Playing schedule: Sat, March 18: Round start times 9am; 11:30am; 2pm; 4pm
- Up to 1 bye allowed for any round declared before Round 3
- Master Simul and 2023 Women’s Tournament of Champion
1. USCF Regular rating used for section eligibility, pairings, and prizes (March rating list). Accelerated pairings may be used at TD discretion if more than 16 players in any section.
2. Bring your own chess sets, boards, and chess clocks.
3. You need to know how to set your own chess clock for the tournament time control.
USCF membership required; DKC will use vouchers to create new scholastic memberships, or to replace expired scholastic memberships.
Sponsors: North Carolina Chess Association and Indermaur Chess Foundation
Organizer: Dragon Knight Chess